4.28.2009

Korean

The end of the semester hit me like a brick wall to the face. A brick wall with a seriously scary left hook. And brass knuckles. I did not realize that I had so much stuff to finish this week.

I'm freaking out! I have not yet progressed into the hyperventilating stage. That will probably come tomorrow. But that is why I am backing out once again from the question blog today. I have a midterm in Korean tomorrow morning that is really stressing me out (The vocabulary I have to know includes words for "to be malfunctioning" and "to be startled suddenly." Are you kidding me? I'm pretty sure those never came up in class, nor will they ever be useful in a conversation. Ever. "Excuse me? Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you suddenly, but my watch seems to be malfunctioning. Do you have the time?")

Grr. Plus that 5-page paper due Friday is still only 1/2 page long. And finals are looming on the horizon, ready to claw my sanity to shreds.

Had the last practice for band tonight. Our concert is on Sunday. The director was trying to get us to imbue our rehearsal with passion, while he sat and was lazy and seemed tired the whole time. Not very encouraging.

It was great to read Cara's answers to the questions. And made me feel a little bad for not getting to them yet, but I swear I will. I'm looking forward to it! It's a little sad that BEDA's almost over already, but I will still have buddy blogs to read and maybe some more incentive to write regularly!

I must immerse myself in the world of Korean now in the attempt to pass my test tomorrow. So I end with a short lesson:

안녕하세요 (ahn-nyong-ha-say-o) = hello
헤더 (hay-daw) = Heather
카라 (kah-rah) = Cara
케틀린 (this one was harder: kay-tul-leen) = Kaitlyn

잘 자를 보내십시오! (Have a good night!)

2 comments:

  1. Ah! That's my name (and Heather's and Cara's)! In Korean letters! (What do you call them?) THAT IS SO COOL. Thank-you! :D Now I want to learn Korean even more than usual. What does your name look like?

    -Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is 리아 in Korean...script? alphabet? letters sounds fine to me! It would actually be pronounced closer to Ree-ah, but it's as close as we can get! Korean only has a consonant that's somewhere between an R and an L, depending on the placement in the syllable.

    ReplyDelete